– I’m a Filipino working in Riyadh
– I had previous UK visa refusal in 2012
– I already visited 10 Schengen countries, USA, Japan, S.Korea, Turkey, Thailand, Singapore, HongKong, UAE in the past 9 years all for tourism, prior to applying UK visa this April 2016.
Documents I submitted:
1. Original passport + copy of data page
2. Printed Online visa application form (they will only take the confirmation page showing the barcode and your photo you pasted on the first page)
3. Employment letter (attested by Chamber of Commerce)
4. Copy of my Iqama (residence permit)
5. Copy of my Exit/reEntry visa
6. Copies of my previous/existing Schengen Japan US visa, as well as my two older passports with its entry/exit stamps from countries I visited
7. Payslip for 6 months
8. Bank statement for 6 months (stamped by bank)
9. Copy of my Bupa travel insurance
10. Copies of my credit cards
11. Introduction letter stating what I will do in the UK (not required but I submitted)
12. Flight booking
13. Hotel booking (cancelable from booking.com)
14. Photo (pasted on the application)
21/03/16 – I registered at https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk and started my 6months General Visitor visa Application.
30/03/16 – I completed my online visa application, paid my visa fee by creditcard $126, scheduled my appointment and took Primetime appointment on Saturday 02/04/16 as I cant go out during my office hours on weekdays, printed my appointment confirmation.
02/04/16 – I submitted my visa application documents at VFS Global Riyadh (check for more info at http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/saudiarabia). Since i took primetime appointment I paid SAR387 cash + SAR10 for sms notification. They took my biometrics details (finger prints, digital photo). The photo that will appear on your UK visa will be the photo that they took during your biometrics collection. The whole process lasted 15min only. When i reach home I received sms and email notification that my application has been forwarded to UKVI.
03/04/16 – I received email that my visa application is now being prepared for assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.
13/04/16 – I received email by noontime that the decision has been concluded and my passport will be returned to VFS Riyadh center shortly. Then late afternoon I received sms that my passport is ready for collection. No hint if visa is granted or not.
14/04/16 – I collected my passport at VFS Riyadh. My UK visa has been approved. They also returned some of the original documents I submitted.